What is the Polar Plunge & 5K?
Help support our local athletes by participating in the 5K run, 1 mile walk or by taking a chilling plunge into the Atlantic Ocean. 100% of the money
raised goes directly to support Special Olympics New Hanover County. The Polar Plunge takes place February 17, 2018 at the Kure Beach Boardwalk by the
pier. How do I Participate? In order to participate in the 14th Annual Polar Plunge, make a pledge to Special Olympics New Hanover County. Make a pledge as an individual or as a team. Teams must have at least 5 members and each member must raise their minimum amount to be elidgable to run or plunge.
This year you can choose to
1) Run the 5K only
2) Walk in the 1 Mile All Abilities Fun Walk only
3) Take the Polar Plunge into the Atlantic Ocean only
4) Combo: Plunge and 5k run or 1 mile walk
5) Become a spectator and join in on the fun with the bands, auction and much more.
6) Become a Vendor and have a booth at the Polar Plunge
For more information, click on the following link for a complete brochure of the Plunge in PDF format